DataTill has now introduced the ability to perform speed tests via the Portal login and the Mobile App.
- upload_max_filesize = 20M
- post_max_size = 20M
Users can log into the Portal and run a speed test. A new button has been added to direct users to this functionality. Refer to the example in the screenshot below. (Note, a speed test can also be run from within the customer mobile app.)
If a customer does a speed test using the /speedtest url the following is recorded:
- if the user is logged in the result is permanently logged against his customer id, and will always show on the /speedtest page when he is logged in
- If the user is not logged in the result is linked to a browser session, so all the test he does is stored and visible within that browser session, but not in another browser or another browser session
- IF an admin user is logged in then all speedtest results are visible to them. Note that speedtests done by customers when they are not logged in will still be visible to admin users, but will not be linked to a specific customer.
- All speedtests done via the app are linked to a specific customer, so will be visible to admin and to that customer when they are logged in.
- Speedtest results linked to a specific customer, whether done via app or browser, will be visible in the speedtest widget on the edit customer screen.