- Create Helpdesk Departments
- Create Ticket categories
- Link Categories to Helpdesk departments
- Add a department user’s
- Set Helpdesk Ticket Priorities.
- Helpdesk Notification Setup
First create departments, ticket categories etc. before configuring the Helpdesk Notifications and Mailbox
1. Create Helpdesk Departments
- Create the main departments of your business using the “+ Add Department” button (note that each department has its own ticket categories, which we will create in the next step.
- Departments can be edited and deleted once created.
- Some Recommended departments to have: Accounts, Operations, Highsites, Sales, Stock, Tech Support
2. Create Ticket categories
- Got to ISP workflow->Helpdesk->Setup->Ticket Categories
- Add the necessary Categories for your various helpdesk departments. Note that ticket categories are linked to the Helpdesk
- You may not have 2 categories of the same name. For example, if you wanted all your departments to have an “other” category you would have to do it as follows (“Sales Other”, “Support Other”,etc.)
- Creating a subcategory of Ticket categories is not advised as the feature is still under development and the client cannot select any sub-categories.
- Once a ticket category has a ticket assigned to it, it can no longer be deleted.
- “Admin only entry” means that only users (staff not clients) will be able to see the category.
3. Link Categories to Helpdesk departments.
- Go to Help Desk department and click the edit category icon of a department that you would like to link ticket category’s too.
- Under Linker Categories, select the Ticket category that you would like to add and click on the add button and then click update.
4. Add a department user’s
- In this step users are added to departments, so that tickets can be assigned to users and subsequently dealt with.
- Got to ISP workflow->Helpdesk->Setup->Helpdesk Department.
- Edit the department that you would like to add users to
- Assign Users to their corresponding Departments
- A department Supervisor will be notified when Tickets have not been resolved after the Overdue Timeout Has been reached
5. Set Helpdesk Ticket Priorities.
Here it is possible to enable the helpdesk and configure the Helpdesk Mailboxes Go to Setup->Helpdesk
This is the mailbox that clients will able to email. When an email is sent to these mailboxes a ticket will automatically be created.
Helpdesk Notification Setup
Go to Setup->Notificaton Enable Helpdesk Ticket Notifications. This will inform the client of any changes made to the ticket. It will also send the client a notification that they have create a ticket and give them details about the ticket they have created.