How to create customers, customer groups, assign data packages, view usage, etc
- Listing customers
- Customer groups
- Customer Data Usage
- Edit Customer
1. Listing customers
This will show you a list of all the customers. From here you can do a lot of stuff like message a customer, add a customer, edit a customer, view customer details and delete customers. Click on Customers –> List Customers to see a list of all customers.
1.1 Adding customers
- Note you can only create a customer if a customer group has been created(refer to the create customer groups part of this page).
- Go to Customers -> Add Customer or click on the blue Add Customer button on the List Customers page.
- Make sure you have all the customer information incl. Billing groups.
- Create an accounting code this is just a customer code. It is the code that will be used to Identify the customer. Check with your company to see if you have a conventions on what the code must look like.
- Click on Portal Login tab at the top of the form.
- Set a customer username and password (Tip: use the accounting code as the username)
- Click on Add Customer.
- Tip : Once completed search for the customer you just added. Edit the customer. Click on the “Password Reset” button. A password reset email will be sent to the customer, thus allowing the customer to reset their password and login to the portal.
The Address details are not compulsory. The generate button will automatically generate the next available unique accounting code based on the guideline of some ISP seen below. This feature requires either the customer name or company name.
Accounting code conventions used by Some ISPs
Basics A client code is very simple. It’s the first three letters of the client’s first name, and then a sequential number starting at 001. In the case of a company, it’s the first three letters of the company’s name ignoring any special characters, and then the same sequential number starting at 001. The code doesn’t change if it’s a business or a home user.
Notes on Exceptions
- Prefix such as Doctor or Mr. or Mrs. are ignored
- If you don’t have the client’s first name, try to get their first name. For example, don’t do:
- PSL001 for Mr. Piet Slabbert. Rather do:
- If you can’t get the client’s first name, just use the first initial and his surname, e.g.:
- G Joubert becomes:
- G Joubert becomes:
- Remove special characters like “@”.
- Don’t use “A” for &, simply ignore the “&”.
Client Code Examples
2D Consulting will become: 2DC001 Frikkie Visser will be: FRI001 Tannie Poeke Smit is simply: POE001 Dr. K Retief – first try to get the first name. If you can’t get the first name, make it: KRE001 I @ U Consulting will become: IUC001 (we’ve dropped the special character)
1.1 Editing customers Account Details
- Go to Customers->List Customers
- Click on the “Edit” button on for the customer that you would like to edit.
- Edit tabs are as follows.
Client portal login
The customer will expire at the account expiry date.
When the customer expires the data package will no longer authenticate and the customer will no longer be billed.
1.3 Account Suspension
Customer suspension can be used to suspend customers with overdue invoices. You can choose how many days before the invoice becomes overdue and how many days until the customer gets suspended after the invoice is overdue.
1.4 Password Reset
- Click on the “Password Reset” button.
- In the edit customer form go to Client portal login and click on “change password”. Put in new the new password.
- Save Changes.
1.5 Disabling and enabling a customer.
- Disabling a customer will prevent the customer from authenticating with Radius. Thus preventing the customer from using any service incl. cap.
- In the edit customer form, click on the disable button at the bottom of the form. If the customer is disabled, the customer will be grayed out on the customers list.
1.6 Deleting customers
1.7 Undeleting Customers
1.8 Messaging customers (Max 10 Customers)
2. Customer groups
Customer groups need to be created in order to create customers.
2.1 Adding a Group
2.2 Editing a group
2.3 Deleting a group
- Go to Customers->Customer Groups
- Click on the “Delete” button of the group you would like to delete.
2.4 Enable Customer groups
3. Customer Data Usage
Go to Customers->Total Usage List
3.1 View usage
This gives a quick summary of the total data usage of customer.
3.2 Detailed customer usage
- Gives a more detailed view of all the data used by the all the customers data packages.
- Go to Customers->Total Usage List, Click on “Edit” customer. This is a shortcut to reach the Customer screen from the usage screen.
- Create a Ticket for the customer on the customer edit screen. (This can also be done from the Helpdesk. Please refer to the Helpdesk guide for additional information.)
- Send email or sms to the customer from the customer edit screen.
- The customers details are automatically filled in, however it can be changed. If the Cell Number field is left blank an SMS will not be sent, same applies for the email Address respectively.
4.1 Account details
|The account details for the customer can be edited here. However the option to disable and enable the customer is not present, that must be done from the customer list. (Please refer to Editing Customers Account Details for more information).|
4.2 Data packages
4.3 Package Changes
Package changes can be done mostly from the customer edit screen. Here is a step by step guide on how to do it correctly:
- Search for the customer in list customers and open the customer edit screen by clicking on the black button.
- From here scroll down until you see Package Changes.
- Click “Add”.
- Select the radius user that needs a package change.
- Select the New Data Package and select the Activation Date (If it should be activated immediately set the date to the current date).
- Write in a comment if necessary.
- Set the monthly and topup prices or if if a customer price is used keep it on the default price.
- Finally click on Submit Package Change.
4.4 Data usage
- A brief summary to the customer’s collective data usage.
- For more detailed usage please refer to ‘Detailed Customer usage’ in this guide.
4.5 Phone usage
A brief summary of the customer’s collective phone usage.
4.6 Data expiry/ Rollover settings
- Sets after how long unused monthly data and unused topup data expires. This is specific to the customer.
- These settings can be viewed and edited here.
4.7 Billing settings
The following settings can be viewed and edited.
- Data Costing Model
- Phone Costing Model
- Standard Customer Discount
- The default Highsite is the Highsite that the customer is connected too.
4.8 Active data sessions
“View All” Redirects to active radius sessions.
4.9 Address details
The address of the client can be added here.
4.10 Notification settings
Notification settings can be added and deleted here Notification types are as Follows:
- Trigger ? After reaching the set cap percentage a notification will be sent.
- Email ? In the event of a trigger, an email will be sent to this email address.
- SMS ? In the event of a trigger an SMS will be sent out to this cell number.
4.11 Customer notes
Notes can be added about the customer.
4.12 VoIP extensions
Add a new Asterisk Extension (for more information on Asterisk Extensions please refer to the Asterisk Guide).
Attachments pertaining to the client go here. All Pictures are previewed. Note if the attachment cannot be previewed there is the option to download the file.
14.14 Helpdesk tickets
A full history of all the Tickets pertaining to the customer. A ticket can be viewed and/or edited by clicking on the edit button of the ticket you would to edit or view.